Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Friday, August 22, 2008

14 weeks- August 21

(He isn't as big as this picture makes him look. The outfit is a little too big but we it is so cute!! )


Holden weighs 14 pounds 5 ounces. He is a HEALTHY boy!!!


Holden is now 14 weeks old. Time flies when you are having fun and boy are we!! It seems as though he learns a new trick each day. His smile is unbelievable and melts all our hearts(especially mommy's!!). He loves to babble and coo A LOT!! He is so smart though because whenever I try to catch it on video or let the grandparents hear him on the phone, he stops. The minute I turn off the camera or hang up the phone, he starts again! He talks to the tv too! He doesn't watch that much, but he is fascinated by the colors. He loves other kids--guess its because they are on his level. I LOVE the show Jon and Kate Plus 8 on TLC about a family of twins and a set of sextuplets. I get some good ideas from Kate. Back to my point--Holden talks to the little kids on that show. SOOOO cute!! He is in constant motion when in his bouncy seat or car seat or on his back. He kicks and wiggles and kicks and wiggles. He can follow me across the room with his eyes and hold a rattle. I think he is doing well developmentally. You know the teacher in me comes out each day--we have times each day where we work on our motor skills and hand eye coordination. Its really playing, but productive too! He still isn't a big fan of tummy time. I saw a thing at good ole Wal-Mart that lifts them up off the floor(just a little) that we may have to get. He likes strolling and watching his mobile(that he talks to). He has GREAT head/neck control, which is really good. He will sit in his highchair(which looks like it is swallowing him) when I cook dinner or clean the kitchen, and he got in his jumparoo for the first time today! He likes it but is still a little unsure about moving in it. We will start rice cereal in our night bottle tonight which I am happy/sad about. Happy because he will get full and it will help with his reflux---Sad because it means he is getting bigger! I am sooooo glad that he is healthy and growing so well, but he is my baby and time is flying by! As I have said before, Holden is such a joy, and we are so blessed!!!


In his highchair-

"Is this supposed to entertain me?"

"O.K.--I like this but that toucan is a little scary mommy!"



Holden's new friends- A couple of weeks ago, my good friend Sue Rives' daughter Jenni and her two beautiful girls came over to help me with some decorating(I shouldn't say help...Jenni did all the work while I played with the kids!) They were such a joy and I really enjoyed visiting with Jenni. She is a super mom to her girls and is a sweet friend. I only wish I had gotten a picture of her to post. Holden loved the visit and said to come back soon. THANKS JENNI!!! I really appreciated it!


Trevor with Holden


Tatum, Holden, and Trevor



3 comments:

jenrives said...

i just saw this for the first time-You are too sweet! The pictures are absolutely precious!! Thanks for posting them!! jenni

Ashley Pollan said...

Marla Tabor gave me your blog address. Holden is absolutely precious! Hope all is well.

Witcher Family said...

Missy-He is precious!! We need to set up some play dates now that Sarah is in the "mommy loop" to and moving by me!! I'm staying home this year too so let's get something up!