It is so hard to believe that our baby boy is already 17 months old!! He is such a blessing, and jack and I are enjoying every stage of his life!! He has been on the go and has kept me very, very busy and entertained(that's the main reason I haven't blogged a lot!!!) since he turned a year old in May, and even more so since he began walking at 14 months. It warms my heart to see him experience things for the first time. I get mad at myself sometimes for not writing EVERYTHING down, but I find myself wanting to just enjoy the moment. I am jotting notes on the back of his pictures, though, so that when I put them in an album, I will remember . Here are some things he is doing/enjoying now....
- Walking/running all over the place!!
- Playing outside(the rain was making him very, very mad!!)
- Playing with his friends and going to Mother's Morning out--O.K. I have to admit that I was really sad when I started sending him in August....He has been with me pretty much everyday since he was born. However, when I met his sweet teacher, I knew it would be a good thing. He LOVES it!! Plus, its only two mornings a week for a few hours
- Mimics what you do...washing hands, eating, putting on make up(jack hates this one), brushing hair, cooking, brushing teeth, etc...it's soooooo cute!!
- LOVES cars, trucks, trains
- Puts his tiny hands up to his chin to say the blessing when he gets in his highchair...he giggles when you say Amen!
- LOVES to dance....cutest thing ever!!!
- Talking up a storm, although you must speak Holden talk to understand most of it. You can recognize daddy, mommy, bye, mmm, dog, hey, oh, wow, go, brother...when he sees wilson(the dog) he says, "Heeey bruder"(hey brother)....sooo sweet
- Snuggles before bed and when he gets up on the morning
- Makes the funniest faces!!!
- climbs on everything
- laughs at things and at himself and makes US laugh constantly!!
- LOVES fruit and cheese...he did like veggies but he has started turning his nose up at them. I keep trying though.
- LOVES The Backyardigans and Imagination Movers
- Has precious blond curls!! (and no, i am not ready to cut them!!)
- Understands what you are saying to him and can follow directions(as long as they are short and if he wants to!!)
- Plays so well independently and with others( especially for a 17 month old)
- Very social!!!
- Knows how to work those big, blue eyes!!!
- Has learned how to really turn on the waterworks and show a little temper.......if you were to walk by our house at times, you might think he was in pain or being tortured but i can assure you he is not!!!
- THE ABSOLUTE BEST THING THAT HAS EVER HAPPENED TO US!!!!!!! What a joy he is!!! I'm sure I am leaving out a ton of things because he does something new every day! We love this little boy so very much!!! I am posting several pictures. Enjoy!
First Day of Mother's Morning Out
Earning his keep...ha!ha! He loves the swifter wet jet and broom
Feel asleep swinging....he loves his swing
At the mexican restaurant for daddy's birthday
Modeling his camo shirt that mommy monogrammed
"Laid back, watching my show, posing for the camera....hard work being this cute!"